Friday, August 17, 2012

.Wondering.Mindlessly.

.Wondering.Mindlessly. 

Does my heart still ache?
I ask myself on repeat.
Not ache...but regret..
A challenge I have yet to beat.

A simple little poem..will it suffice?
My face with a smirk, cautions
Not even done just right. 

It replies: No. A poem just won't do.
Let us sit back and calculate
to get through to you.

How many have came into your heart
just to get out?
I shrug and slowly respond
"too many to count"

And your dreams for the future..
Are they still intact?
"For the most part, I guess..
just fucking relax."

I'm getting mixed signals,
My mind tells me.
You are in love,
do you disagree?

In love, yes. I am sure,
but it's not what you believe
My heart sends an Eye-Em,
Will he break me and leave?

I have no reply
I'm stuck in the still
I pray to Gee-Oh-Dee Not.
Or...I'll have nothing, nada, nil.

Enough chit chat..you're boring me.
You're current mood...content?
Being read wrong possibly?

I didn't mean to sit here
and spill to you my guts.
So, do us all a favor and ignore
me if you must..

Then, the tiny voice says..
"No..it's just us."

©Butteryevil 2003

No comments: