Monday, December 10, 2012

.alone in a crowded place.


.alone in a crowded place.

alone in a crowded place,
my heart beings to race.
eyes dart from side to side..
just want to find a place to hide.

utterly painfully shy, 
my eyes tear and i begin to cry.
thoughts clouded, wondering what they see
when they see shy, timid me.

when someone flirts, i forget my own name,
mumble back something pretty lame.

i hear my heart beating in my ears,
i'm ashamed of how i appear to my peers.
short of breath, my knees feel weak,
my anxiety attack is about to hit it's peak.

cheeks flushed, i stare at the ground..
lightheaded, i faint and fall down.
i come to and everyone stares,
they all laugh, nobody cares. 

no one understands panic attacks.
i have no friends to call me back.
with tears streaming down my face,
no longer alone in a crowded place. 

completely alone with all the lights out,
can't drown my thoughts or force a re-route. 
sleep will bring sweet peace..
eyes closed i begin to release.

alone in my solitude,
i now understand my doom.
no one will ever understand me..
apparently completely alone is what i'm meant to be. 

©Butteryevil 2012

No comments: